Website terms & conditions of use, supply & sale
- We are UK Olight Ltd, trading as Olight UK. We are the official UK office for Olight Technology Company Ltd and the leading distributor of flashlights, headlights and weaponlights in the UK and Republic of Ireland. Our office address is UK Olight Ltd, 1st Floor Trillick House 49 Queen Street, Ballymoney Co.Antrim, BT53 6JD. We are a registered company in Northern Ireland (NI651795).
- The website is www.olightstore.uk. Our electronic mail address is email@example.com Our phone number is 028 9099 1815.
- You are the website user. You become the customer when placing an order. We will also refer to you as 'your' or 'the customer'. Us/We/Our/Ours refers to us here at UK Olight Ltd. When you purchase from us, we become your retailer.
- We are in the process of registering for VAT, and will publish our number here as soon as it is issued by HMRC.
- The language for the conclusion of contracts is British English only.
Your status & account responsibilities
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, should you choose to activate one with UK Olight Ltd.
- You agree to be responsible for all activity that takes place under your account, which is why you must be vigilant when it comes to protecting your password and unauthorised access to your computer.
- You must contact us immediately if you feel that you have any reason to believe that your accounts security may have been compromised, or if you feel that your account has been used in an unauthorised manner.
- If you choose to register an account with UK Olight Ltd, you must ensure all details are complete and correct, and inform us immediately of any mistakes or changes to be made.
- By placing an order on our site, or by opening an account, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts, and you are at least 18 years old.
- You may not transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a contract without our prior written consent.
Shipping & Deliveries
- We will ensure that all orders will be shipped in a timely fashion. This will usually be within 48 hours on a weekday. If an order is placed on a weekend, then the order will be dispatched the following working day.
- We use a separate delivery company for our goods. This means that upon shipping, the risk of loss passes to this delivery company. If you receive an order confirmation, but you do not receive your goods in a timely fashion, please contact the delivery company for further details. If the delivery company is unable to help, please contact us and we shall try to help.
- We cannot be held liable for delayed orders should our delivery company not arrive to collect our shipments on your order day. If this unlikely event occurs, then the order will leave us the following working day.
- We cannot be held liable for any inconvenience that is caused by delays which are down to our delivery company. This could include (but is not limited to) the courier re-directing a parcel to an incorrect depot, or being unable to find a customer address.
- Unless otherwise stated, dispatch dates are not guaranteed and should not be relied upon.
- Our couriers will only ship and deliver to the addressee. The delivery address MUST be in the UK or Republic of Ireland. We do not ship to overseas territories. If you would prefer the delivery address to be different to your billing address (e.g. a work address or neighbour’s address) please ensure you insert this address in the Delivery Details section.
- On all orders a £4.95 (Inc. VAT) delivery charge will be applied.
- Claims for incomplete or non-deliveries must be made within 10 working days of our receipt of your order
- There must be someone present at the delivery address to sign for the delivery. Goods cannot be left unattended in a designated safe place. If you feel that you may not be able to sign for delivery, please consider entering a different delivery address (e.g. work address, neighbours address)
Prices, Payment & Availability
- Prices, orders & bills are displayed in Pound Sterling and include VAT at 20%.
- These prices are subject to change without prior notice. You will not be affected by a price change if you have already received an order confirmation email.
- All item prices are exclusive of delivery charges. See (3.7) for details of delivery charges.
- We will only have items on the website that are currently in stock. If an item is out of stock, it will not be displayed on the website. On the rare occasion that a product becomes unavailable after an order is placed, we will contact you to arrange a refund, or suitable alternative.
- Despite our best efforts, occasionally an item on the website may be mispriced. A product will always be sold at the price stated on the website, except in cases of massive & obvious error. See (13.2) for more details.
- Payment must be made at the time of ordering. The only acceptable payment method is via Paypal. Failure to provide correct billing information will lead to a cancelled or delayed order. On the rare occasion that payment is not accepted online, please contact the sales office (contact details in 1.2). Payment can then be taken over the phone.
- Our website only sells to individuals who can pay with debit or credit cards. We accept no other method of payment, such as cash, cheque or postal order.
- After payment has been received, you will be sent an email from us acknowledging your order. Please note that this does not mean that the order has been accepted or that we are guaranteeing supply. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy an item. All orders are subject to acceptance by us. If we do not accept your order, we will refund payment via the original payment method.
Guarantee & Returns Policy
- The following information about claiming on the guarantee refers ONLY to products that have been purchased directly from this website. If you purchased products from another retailer, you MUST contact this retailer directly.
- If you wish to make a claim on the guarantee, a receipt, email order confirmation or any other proof of purchase will be required. If a proof of purchase cannot be provided, it cannot be accepted as a guarantee claim, and an estimate of repair will be made instead (see 5.8.2).
- Contact in the first instance should be made to UK Olight Ltd, please find out contact details in (1.2)
- You are able to cancel or exchange any order placed on our website which has not yet been dispatched from our warehouse. There will be no charge.
- To cancel or change an order which has not been dispatched from our warehouse, please contact the sales office (contact details in 1.2) between the hours of 9:00am - 5:00pm weekdays. Please have your order number to hand.
- If you wish to cancel or change an order, and the order has already been dispatched from our warehouse, please follow the relevant returns procedure in (5.7)
- Unwanted Goods can be exchanged, please follow the returns procedure in (5.7) and then re-order your preferred product online.
- To exchange an unwanted good, please return the goods to us within 28 calendar days of the delivery date. Please ensure that the returned goods are clearly labelled with your original order details.
- We are not under the obligation to accept unwanted goods simply because they can be found cheaper elsewhere.
Returns Procedure for new / unused product
- All products must be returned to us unused and in fully resaleable condition. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the products while they are in your possession.
- You may cancel the order contract with us at any time within seven working days, and receive a full refund. If you choose to return the items to us, this must be done immediately after the time that you inform us that you wish to cancel the contract.
- We recommend that items are returned via an insured parcel service, and that you retain proof of postage as we cannot credit items that we do not receive.
- The customer is responsible for all postage costs of returning items.
- If you need to return an item to us because we have sent an incorrect item, please contact us (contact details using the details in 1.2). We will make suitable arrangements to collect and exchange the product for the correct one, with no costs to be paid by you.
- Please include with your return - your dispatch print note, or your customer details so we are able to ascertain where the return has come from. Please also include a brief note with regards to the action you would like us to take (e.g. return as unwanted so full refund, exchange to be made etc.).
- All returns are to be sent to our address, detailed in (1.1).
Return Procedure for faulty goods
- As stated in (5.1), this procedure only applies if you have purchased a product from this website and the item is within its warranty (see 5.2)
- If you wish to return an item that is outside its warranty, please contact the Olight UK sales office (see details in 1.2) for estimates and details on chargeable repairs.
- We recommend that items are returned via an insured parcel service, and that you retain proof of postage as we cannot credit items that we do not receive.
- It is vital that the items returned are clean & dry to the highest standard possible. Soiled items cannot be inspected thoroughly, nor assessed, and they also present a hygiene risk. Items that are deemed to be too soiled to assess will be returned to you for cleaning.
- Please return your goods to us (address in 1.1) and include in the return parcel your dispatch print note, or your customer details so we are able to ascertain where the return has come from. Please also include a brief note with regards to the fault, as well as a proof of purchase, (see 5.4)
- Please allow 21 days for refunds to be processed.
- Product or Products that were purchased and delivered with a promotional Free Gift, must be returned with that Free Gift to receive a full refund for the original item purchased.
Feedback & Complaints
- We welcome any comments about our service, whether they are positive or negative. We encourage customers to make a review of their purchase through our website. This ensures that future customers can make an informed choice with their purchase.
- If you have reason to complain about our service, please either email, call or write to the Olight UK Sales office. All of our contact details can be found on the 'contact us' page.
- We aim to respond to complaints within three (3) working days. Our response will be either a course of action to resolve the complaint, or a timescale for resolution.
Alteration of Service or Amendments to the Conditions
- We reserve the right to revise and amend our website, policies, and these Terms & Conditions at any time without prior notice. These changes may be to reflect changes in market conditions, changes in technology, changes n payment methods, changes in relevant laws and changes in our systems capabilities. Your usage of the website and your orders will be subject to the policies and Terms and Conditions in force at that time, unless these conditions are required to change by law or government authority.
Events beyond our reasonable control
- We cannot be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause that is beyond our reasonable control.
- Examples of events that are beyond our reasonable control could include but are not limited to industrial action, civil commotion, natural disasters or restrictions caused by acts of parliament.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
- Your use of the website, any purchase by you on the website of any products and these conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Northern Ireland and will be deemed to have occurred in Northern Ireland. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Northern Irish courts. Your statutory rights are not affected by these Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Use of Images & linking policy
- You are not authorised to use images on this site for any purpose except for one-off personal use.
- If you wish to reproduce the images on this website, please contact the UK Olight Ltd Sales office to discuss a one off use.
- You may not modify any image that you have been authorised to download or print.
- Our status on any downloaded or printed image must always be acknowledged.
- You may link to this website without permission, but you must link to the homepage and not deep within the site. However, if you do decide to link to us, you agree that you will indemnify us in full if any action is taken against us by any third party, or even by you, by virtue of the link you have created.
- If you contact us via e-mail, it is deemed that you are communicating with us electronically. In this instance, you are consenting for us to contact you electronically. These communications will be for order discussions only. On occasions, we will send marketing or offers via electronic mail. If you do not wish to receive this mail, please un-tick the relevant box when processing your order.
- You may purchase products from the website only for personal use and not for resale purposes. If you are interested in becoming a stockist of Olight products, please contact the Olight UK Sales office by using the details on the 'contact us' page.
Disclaimer & Waiver
- Please note that colours may appear different depending on the settings of your monitor and operating system. Colour reproduction of products is as close as the graphic design process allows.
- All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that products on the website are up to date and accurate. Designs may be changed and improved without prior notice. Illustrations are not binding.
- If you breach our terms and conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
- We reserve the right to refuse access to the website, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at our discretion. If we cancel orders, it will be without charge to you.
- We are not liable for contents on third party websites that we link to this site.
Our policy applies to you if you use our products or services in store, over the phone, online, through our mobile applications or if you use any of our websites or interact with us on social media (our “Services”).
Who We Are
Olight UK is a trading name of UK Olight Limited (referred to using "We", "Us", "Our" or the “Company”) and is a company registered in Northern Ireland (Company registration number: NI651795). Olight is a global technology company that manufactures and develops premium LED flashlights, headlamps, and weaponlights, and various accessories. We pride ourselves on giving our customers the widest choice of lighting solutions and technology to suit every circumstance.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you when you visit one of our stores, use our Websites ("Websites"), or use our web or mobile device applications ("Mobile Apps") or if you communicate with us by phone, e-mail and social media. We refer to our Websites and Apps collectively as "Online Services".
The types of personal information we collect includes:
- Personal details such as your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number and other contact information Transaction information, such as the product you purchased, its price, and your method of payment.
When you're online the information we collect includes:
- Account information, like your username, password, and other identifiers or credentials you use to access our online services or to buy our products and services, details of your shopping preferences, such as your favourite products.
- Details of your visits to the Website, in-store WIFI and the resources that you access. Examples include ads that you click, device information and your location.
- IP address and cookie data
- Information that you provide in your dealings with us. This includes when you register to use our online services, or when you subscribe to our services or request further services and/or information from us.
The situations when you provide personal information could include when you:
- Purchase products at our store;
- Register or use our Online Services;
- Request to receive marketing or other communications;
- Use our Wi-Fi network;
- Enter one of our competitions or when you complete one of our customer surveys;
- Submit information when you’re providing feedback;
- Use interactive features of our Online Services;
How We Use Your Information
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. These are set out below.
When we're required to enter into a contract with you
We use your personal information to process your orders and payments or to give you a refund.
Where you have provided consent
We use email and text messages to communicate with you about our products and services, competitions, offers, promotions or special events where you tick a box.
- To provide notice about new products
- If you give us permission, to communicate with you about any of our third party partners that we believe may interest you.
Where there is a Legitimate Interest
As a Company we are often required to process your personal data in order to carry out certain tasks relating to our business activities. In such cases, processing of personal data can be justified on grounds of legitimate interest.
- To provide customer support and to respond to, and communicate with you about your requests
- To contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information
- To check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied (e.g. customer surveys).
- For marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent) e.g. marketing permissions captured during the course of a sale, personalising marketing messages through social media and other third party platforms;
- To send promotional material (e.g. renewals) to you in the post or inform you of our offers by telephone;
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request)
- To send communications to you about your orders, purchases or accounts and bill you for using our products or services;
- To let you post on our blogs and interact with us through social media.
Personalise & Improve our Service
- To personalise your experience on our online services. This could include providing you with interesting, relevant content, or making navigation to our Site easier
- To help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you use, the way you use them and how you shop across the company, so we can serve you better
- Improve the content and appearance of the Website(s) or App(s), and to make sure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business, including the development of new products and services; to determine the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; and the analysis and improvement of our products, offers, promotions, and Online Services and other technologies
- To show you relevant ads by using data collected from your devices, including your searches, location, ads that you have seen and personal information that you have given us, such as your age range, gender and topics of interest. Dependant on your Ads Settings, this data informs the ads that you see across your devices. So if you visit our website on your computer at work, you might see ads about our products or services on your phone later that night.
- Where you fail to repay what you owe Us or return our property, we may need to trace your whereabouts (sometimes using a tracing Agent) in order to recover payment or reclaim property. This might be carried out by a third Party debt recovery agent on our behalf
- To protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities
- For network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access.
When we're required to comply with our Legal Obligation
We'll use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations including:
- To identify you when you contact us
- To verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you
- To assist HMRC and/or the Police and/or other regulatory bodies in relation to an investigation by a public authority.
Where it is in your Vital Interest
In certain circumstances it is in your vital interests for us to process your personal information. We may need to contact you if there are any urgent safety or product recall notices or where we otherwise reasonably believe that the processing of your personal information will prevent or reduce any potential harm to you.
Who We Share Your Information With
Our service providers
We work with partners, suppliers, insurers and agencies so they can process your personal information on our behalf and only where they meet our standards on the processing of data and security. We only share information that helps them provide their services to us or to help them provide their services to you. For example, some of our service providers place advertising for us online, about our products and services and those of our retail partners, suppliers and third parties. As a result, where you have indicated you are happy to receive marketing from us, you might see online advertising that we have placed on the web sites you visit, or the interactive services you use.
Other organisations and individuals
We may transfer your personal information to other organisations in certain scenarios. For example:
- If required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or we're asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police or the Department for Work and Pensions
- Information may also be shared with fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraudulent claims
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and services
- In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their legal rights or the rights of others.
- With emergency services (if you make an emergency call), including your approximate location
Credit Reference Agencies
In the future, if we decide of offer credit facilities, in order to process your application, we'll supply your personal information to credit reference agencies (CRAs) and they will give us information about you.
This will include information from your credit application and about your financial situation and financial history. CRAs will supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit, financial situation and financial history information and fraud prevention information. We will use this information to:
- Assess your creditworthiness and whether you can afford to take the product
- Verify the accuracy of the data you have provided to us
- Prevent criminal activity, fraud and money laundering
- Trace and recover debts
- To make sure any offers provided to you are appropriate to your circumstances.
We'll also continue to exchange information about you with CRAs on an on-going basis, including about your settled accounts and any debts not fully repaid on time. CRAs will share your information with other organisations. Your data will also be linked to the data of your spouse, any joint applicants or other financial associates.
The identities of the CRAs, and the ways in which they use and share personal information, are explained in more detail at www.equifax.co.uk/crain
International Transfers of Your Personal Information
If we do transfer information to our agents or advisers outside of the EEA, we will make sure that it is protected in the same way as if it was being used in the EEA. We'll use one of these safeguards:
- We'll transfer it to a non-EEA country with privacy laws that give the same protection as the EEA. Learn more on the European Commission Justice website.
- We'll put in place a contract with the recipient that means they must protect it to the same standards as the EEA. Read more about this here on the European Commission Justice website
How We Use Your Information to Make Automated Decisions
We sometimes use systems to make automated decisions based on your personal information or the information we are allowed to collect from others about you or your business (for example where we perform credit checks). This helps us to make sure our decisions are quick, fair, efficient and correct, based on what we know. These automated decisions can affect the products, services or features we may offer you now or in the future, or the price that we charge you for them.
You have rights over automated decisions.
- Under certain circumstances, you can ask that we do not make our decision based on the automated score alone
- You can object to an automated decision, and ask that a person reviews it.
If you want to know more about these rights, please contact us.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We will keep your personal information for as long as you're a customer. If you haven't made a purchase or engaged with us for 3 years or more, then we'll remove you from our marketing mailing lists. After you stop being a customer, we may keep your data for up to 7 years after the last time you interacted with us. This could include one of the ways specified in 'How we use your personal information' and for one of these reasons:
- To respond to any questions or complaints
- To show that we treated you fairly
- To maintain records according to rules that applies to us
- To establish, bring or defend legal claims.
We may keep your data for longer than 7 years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. We may also keep it in order to help support product recalls or safety notices. If we do, we will make sure that your privacy is protected and only use it for those purposes.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
Access to Information held about you
You have the right to request what personal information we hold about you. This is sometimes called a 'Data Subject Access Request'. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we'll provide it to you free of charge. Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. Except in rare cases, we’ll respond to you within 30 days after we've received this information or, where no such information is required, after we’ve received your request.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
In certain circumstances you have the right to request a copy of your personal information from us or to have that information passed to an organisation of your choice in a format that can be easily re-used.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we’re not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests, as set out under 'How we use your personal information', you may object to us using it for these purposes. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under data protection laws, we’ll permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise we’ll provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data.
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
- It isn't accurate.
- It has been used unlawfully but you don't want us to delete it.
- It's not relevant any more, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims.
- You’ve already asked us to stop using your data but you’re waiting for us to tell you if we’re allowed to keep on using it.
Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information. Before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you provide other details to help us respond to your request.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us.
Please make sure you provide the following identification documents as part of your application:
- One proof of identity - we can accept an unexpired copy of either your passport or your driver's licence
- One proof of address - we can accept a copy of most recent (and less than 3 months old) credit or debit card statement or a utility bill showing the same name and address on your account or driving license where it hasn't been used as proof of identity (see above)
The purpose of our Cookies Policy is to help explain what they are, why you are collecting them, and what information cookies store.
What Are Cookies?
How Are Cookies Managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other devices when you access our websites are designed by:
- Olight UK, or on behalf of and subsidiaries of Olight UK, and are necessary to let you make purchases on our website;
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes.
What Are Cookies Used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
- For Us to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To let us collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I Disable Cookies?
If you want to disable cookies, you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Internet Options"
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings > Advanced
- Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on "Remove all Website Data"
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Options"
- Click on the icon "privacy"
- Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu "Files" > "Preferences"
What Happens if I Disable Cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you won’t be able to complete a purchase on our sites.
If you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is handled, please contact us by one of the following means:
By post: Olight UK, 1st Floor Trillick House 49 Queen Street, Ballymoney Co.Antrim, BT53 6JD
Complaining to the Data Protection Regulator
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information. Please visit the ICO's website for further details at: https://ico.org.uk
Changes to this Policy
We may review this policy from time to time and any changes will be notified to you by posting an updated version on our website and/or by contacting you by email.
Effective date: 23.05.2018