The S1R baton (S1R) is a side-switch, rechargeable EDC flashlight, powered by one RCR123 rechargeable lithium battery of high discharging rate, giving a maximum output of 900 lumens.
- Technical Details
Whether you are driving, working, playing, backpacking, camping, or just walking the dog, the S1R Baton is the perfect solution for any dark situation. Use the S1R's reversible, hardened stainless steel pocket clip on your backpack, belt, or pocket for easy access. The S1R baton (S1R) is a side-switch, rechargeable EDC flashlight, powered by one RCR123 rechargeable lithium battery of high discharging rate, giving a maximum output of 900 lumens. The TURBO S model includes a 600 lumen mode and improved user interface. It utilizes a Cree XM-L2 LED. Coupled with TIR optic lens of high light transmission rate to deliver a balanced beam. The S1R has five brightness levels and a strobe mode, covering an output range of 0.5 to 900 lumens. The outer appearance of the S1R follows the style of BATON Series, and comes with a magnetic charging cable. You can also use our desktop micro-dock as an optional charger, which makes it easier to acquire the power source whether at home or outdoors, and make sure the flashlight is always ready to bring brightness to your life at any time.
Brightness increases or decreases gradually: when the flashlight is switched on/off, it will light up or fade gradually to protect eyes from the stimulation caused by sudden brightness changes.
Flat magnetic tailcap that allows it to be secured to ferrous metal surfaces as a hands-free option.
Lockout mode can be activated on the side switch for accidental triggering protection, along with a low-voltage indicator underneath.
Reverse polarity protection circuits.
Built-in timer allows light to be automatically shut off after either 3 minutes (Short) or 9 minutes (Long).
The standby current is below 30uA.
|Beam Distance (ft)||476|
|Beam Distance (m)||145|
|Max. Performance (lumens)||900|
|Charge type||Magnetic USB charge base|
|Compatible Batteries||customised RCR123A HDC|
|Light Intensity (candela)||5250|
|Light Form||Wide/broad hotspot. Perfect for up close illumination.|
|Lens / Reflector Type||TIR reflector (big, defined wide hotspot)|
|Mode Operation||Side Switch|
|Form/Size Factor||Small size (Car key / Zippo Lighter)|
|Series||Series S (EDC, General Use)|
|LEVEL 1 (lumens)||900|
|Run-time LEVEL 1||900 lumens (~300lm); 50m (1.5m)|
|LEVEL 2 (lumens)||600|
|Run-time LEVEL 2||600 lumens (~300lm); 55m (1.5m)|
|LEVEL 3 (lumens)||300|
|Run-time LEVEL 3||1h|
|LEVEL 4 (lumens)||60|
|Run-time LEVEL 4||4.5h|
|LEVEL 5 (lumens)||12|
|Run-time LEVEL 5||33h|
|LEVEL 6 (lumens)||0.5|
|Run-time LEVEL 6||15 days|
|SOS / BEACON||No|
|Weight (g / oz)||54 / 1.9|
|Length (mm / in)||66 / 2.59|
|Head Diameter (mm / in)||21 / 0.82|
|Body Diameter (mm / in)||20 / 0.78|
|Led||High performance LED|
|Packaging||Custom plastic enclosure.|
|Use||Everyday carry, key-chain, car, camping, fishing, household, EDC, general use|
- Excellent little torch for walking the dog. Three brightness levels plus two turbo and one moonlight mode gives me as much or as little illumination as I need to find Jax, my Staffie, who likes to hide in bushes.
It's also light enough to hold in my mouth for poo clearance duties. Battery lasts for ages if you don't use turbo mode too often. My only problem has been the lanyard snapping where it connects to the torch. Easily fixed with a knot
- This little fella I bought so I had light if I broke down on my bike in the middle of know where, I did not believe it would be as bright as it is, amazing amount of light and can charge it up from the canbus fitting on the bike, fits onto the peak of my cap so acts like a head torch and have two free hand s to work with, Its well made, small fits in a pocket and you don`t know its there, charges up pretty quickly and the magnetic charging is so quick and easy to use such a good new invention, cracking wee torch.
- This is definately worth picking up, especially at a discount price, its tiny and powerfull! Even came with a nice patch.
- Dont hesistate to pick this up, especially at a discount price, at first i was slightly worried it might be a little too thick, but this thing is tiny AND extremely powerfull! Even came with a lovely patch.
- I carry this as my EDC literally EVERY day. It's bright as the sun and so so small. what I love about S1R is that you can rotate the clip to cover the power button - which means it can never power on accidentally. i carry mine in a small Fenix pouch on my belt and it fits perfectly, and in all my months of carrying it has never turned on accidentally and has always been ready to deploy when needed.
I liked this torch so much that I bought another one just after midnight last night in the Olight Store UK Black Friday deal - hard to resist at that price - under £28 for a world class micro torch with nearly 1000 lumens. The magnetic charging is fast and hassle-free.
It's a great bit of kit that, so long as I don't lose it, will easily outlive me.
The S1R is an amazing torch for it's size, and particularly at the price I paid for it here.
- Absolutely awesome bit of kit. We camp all year round in rain, wind, snow and anything else the British weather can throw at us so it's invaluable to have equipment we can rely on and this torch doesn't disappoint! We do a lot of night time filming for our youtube channel so having bright white light and great battery life is a big requirement for us and the S1R Baton gives it in the plenty-full.
Overall we are very impressed with this product and would not hesitate in using Olight products again in the future.
- Arrived pretty much the following day of ordering. Beautiful bit of kit. Have been obsessed lately with the possibility of getting a usb flashlight and agonised over which 18650 model to get, and then I saw the s1r and forgot about my avoidance of cr123 lights. I fell in love.
This is a powerhouse mini edc light with a custom rcr123 cell. You wont really find any other battery that will hit the 900 turbo in this unit. The + & - at the rear, which is magnetic, and you can check voltage with multimeter without removing cell. Although I love this light it'll never replace my 18650 lights. Not too keen on olight pocket clips, preferring screwed on clips, but I can live with that. Olight flashlights are pure quality with awesome engineering and aesthetics. I own 5 olights and they are floor less. Olight and eagletac are my most used, tried and tested out of all the lights I own.
- Wow what an amazing little torch.. keep this in my pocket everyday and all day there is almost nno a day passes that I don't use it. The low settings are ideal for inside the house or looking into tanks at work to find levels and the brighter settings are ideal for search and rescue for lost persons and seeing up equipment outside in the dark winter nights.
Also the pocket clip is very secure and can fit on the peak of a cap to use as a head torch when it's needing.
The Base magnet is strong and there is no fear of it falling off or not connecting to the charger because of this I highly recommend this
- Olight torches are the best this small torch gives out a powerfull light for the size and the quality is fantastic I will only buy Olight torches now.
- Extraordinary little torch. Very convenient size.
- Brilliant little torch with powerful beam and can be charged on USB
- Excellent little torch. Clip it onto the peek of a baseball cap and you get an instant headlamp. Great quality as well.
- The size of a AA battery, excellent build quality materials, has a good weight.
Beam is super bright. Clean focus and whitish.
Included batteries doesn't suffer quick drop and has a very high stamina.
Included charging dock looks cool and works flawlessly
- In times of great need, you want a product you can rely on. When you’re stranded and in need of help, you absolutely need to know you can get someone’s attention. When the power goes out and leaves you unable to see your own hands in front of your face, you need the type of illumination that only the S1R Baton can provide you with. Compact, extremely easy to carry or stow, and as durable as it is bright, the S1R Baton is a versatile flashlight that could save your life in an emergency situation. Comfortable on the side of a toolbox, the emergency kit of a car, a hiker’s backpack or a First Responder’s medical kit, the S1R Baton is never out of place. With a 5-year warranty, why take chances? Use something you know will never fail you. Use the S1R baton 900lumen
- Excellent torch nice and small and very bright when on high double click to get turbo mode highly recommended if you want a powerful torch that is very small
- Got my new S1R Baton Olight yesterday! Super compact and great for my little hands and pockets. The new charger is tiny, flat, and will fit anywhere! The charging cord is also flat to ensure a tangle-free experience no matter where you have it. (Note: You cannot use older model flashlights on this charging dock, but you can use this flashlight on the older charging docks.) Still very happy with the sturdy side clip and magnetized end for use just about anywhere. The 900 lumens won't last you long on one charge, but the other four modes ranging from 0.5-300 lumens do just fine with stuff in the house, car, etc. Very pleased with Olight's newest model, and looking forward to showing it to friends
- The YouTube reviews for this little torch don't quite do it justice. After trying it out at home I was amazed by the brightness even on the third brightest setting, but the 900 lumens is ridiculous. It won't stay at that brightness level for long but when you feel how much heat it kicks out on the highest setting you'll understand why they made it that way. The thing is not much bigger than my thumb and the reversible clip means it can be attached to the peak of a hat and used as a head torch. After taking it outside I don't think I'll ever really need anything bigger, it's range is amazing. Very well made and comes with a few cool accessories. I almost didn't buy this because of the price but I'm so glad I did now.
- Awsome torch!!!
It is worth every penny.
- This little torch is WOW bright and yet so pocketable that you can always carry it with you. Love it.
I purchased this with my own money, I don't write many reviews unless something is brilliant or bad, this is brilliant! I like torches, have a number of them but this is without doubt my favourite at the moment.
- This torch is freaking amazing, yes some might say it's a little on the expensive side, but in my thoughts its worth every penny.
The throw of light is perfect and when it goes into turbo mode it illuminates every thing around you.
Its also perfect for clipping on to a baseball cap due to its small size and then you have hands free.
Have yet to give it a full on proper field test for when I go camping, but as an EDC it is perfect..........Love it.
- I already have a Olight S1 baton and bought this as I have been so impressed with that. Although fractionally longer is still unbelievably tiny (the pictures really don't do it justice).The S1 isn't exactly hard to change batteries on but the convenience of always knowing the torch is always charged is great. The S1R is also considerably brighter than the S1 and easily lights up the entirety of the acre field next to my house. If you're looking for a torch that's unbelievably small, bright and well made then this is the one to get. You won't be disappointed.
- This is one powerful little torch. I have quite a few decent torches, including a 3200 lumens one, but this little thing is by far the most versatile.
Small enough to hang on a car keyring but has the floodlight capability of torches many times its size. I cannot recommend this enough, it really is that good.
- I've been a huge fan of the larger Olight S30RII for months now, it's definitely one of my favourite things. This is basically a mini version of that, and it's lovely.
SIZE AND WEIGHT:
- This is 54g with the battery, great for everyday carry. The charging cable is 14g which is great for travel.
- For comparison the Olight S30RII is about 127g with a charger that's 27g plus a USB cable which I didn't weigh.
- The difference isn't huge but it does matter to me as I mostly travel on a skateboard and public transport, and small weight additions add up quickly.
- Personally I would prefer a slightly thinner longer shape rather than the slightly fatter shorter shape, but this would then need to be done with a different battery. Not really a problem at all, just would be a bit flatter in the pocket.
- Ridiculously bright and small.
- This device is fantastic. Slips perfectly (even with the lanyard) into the watch pocket of my jeans and stays in there securely with the clip. I showed this to one of my customers who runs a large industrial plant - his jaw dropped when he saw how bright it was. He then pulled out his EDC torch (which was about 3 times of the S1R) and it was comically dim by comparison.
Only had it for a few days, and haven't tested runtime, but that's not really the point of this torch - for me it's about randomly needing a very bright light for a relatively short period of time while I get a job done. And for this, it fits the bill perfectly. Very highly recommended.
- OMG this is by far the best touch I have ever owned. It is tiny but packs a massive 900 Lumens. I made my decision to buy this off the back of a few youtube videos. The charger is magnetic so it just sticks to the bottom when you want to charge it. This is the sort of torch you buy and never buy another. Its heavy enough to feel like quality but not to heaver that you dont want to carry it. the only thing I have do is get used to pressing the front to turn it on. I kept pressing the end which was how my old torch worked. Is it worth £50? If you are never going to want to change it and you keep things for a while then yes. You are really paying for the fact that it is amazingly powerful for a such a small torch and it is the length of my index finger. The quality is excellent but the manufacture probably make this for less the £10. Saying that I have the biggest Maglite you can buy that bought years ago this little torch is not far off the same output.
- This torch is absolutely outstanding. I cannot recommend it enough.
- So small but yet so powerful, what a little beauty
- it's awesome!
Super powerful, super small and charger is ace!!!
- Small powerfull floody flashlight, that is easily charged. Perfect for a flashlight you can carry every day.
- This torch is perfect, extremely small, extremely bright (I am supper impressed with how bright this is and the throw that it has for it's size) several modes, include a strobe which is much more disorientating than I have seen on other torches. I love the fact that this can be charged Via USB and love the charger it comes with. very convenient. The price is maybe the only downside, it is not cheap, but I guess if you want something very specific and has to tick all the boxes then you have to pay the price.
- This is the best small torch i have ever owned, the quality of workmanship is second to none! mode functions are perfect. the charging feature is awesome as you don't need to take out the battery, although i will be buying spares, i have already been back and purchased the tiny holster. i do a lot of hiking and this little lighthouse will always be with me and ready to go! just buy one they're amazing! i love my little olight s1r she really packs a punch for such a little light, olight you're the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Crikey, what a torch !!
It may be expensive but this is a quality item. Even the way the charging base magnetically 'snaps' on the the base of the torch just shouts quality.
Forget what other torches say when they wang on about 9 billion lumens. This has 900 lu on top whack, but it it will blind someone temporarily if you shine it at them (so don't). The next brightness level up as far as I'm concerned is "lighthouse".
And don't underestimate how compact this torch is - it's tiny !!! This brings other problems though, in that it's going to be rather easy to lose :-(
The packaging it comes in in also suitable compact....but exceedingly well put together. Like a 3D jigsaw puzzle. Someone has put a hell of a load of thought into this item in general.
Recommend....if you can afford the indulgence.