The M3XS Ultra-Thrower Javelot is an extended-range, variable-output, customized Cree XP-L LED torch. This light has a 1000 meters of beam distance, three brightness levels from a minimum of 3 lumens to a maximum of 1200 lumens.
- Technical Details
The M3XS Ultra-Thrower Javelot extended-range, variable-output, customized Cree XP-L LED flashlight has a full kilometer of beam distance, three brightness levels from a minimum of 3 lumens to a maximum of 1200 lumens plus a strobe mode. It is powered by 3x CR123A batteries or 2x 18650 lithium batteries with the extender tube. This light retains the tail cap switch from the M3X with an added side swtich for easy mode switching. Milled from aircraft-grade aluminum with a Mil-Spec Type III hard-anodized finish and is waterproof up to two meters (IPX 8) and comes with two spare o-rings, extension tube, battery magazine, and holster.
Three brightness levels from 3 lumens to1200 lumens, plus a moonlight and strobe mode.
Customized Cree XP-L LED flashlight
Retains the tail cap switch from the M3X with an added side switch for easy mode switching.
Milled from aircraft-grade aluminum with a Mil-Spec Type III hard-anodized finish
|Beam Distance (ft)||3280|
|Beam Distance (m)||1000|
|Max. Performance (lumens)||1200|
|Charge type||Optional charger|
|Compatible Batteries||2 x 18650|
|Light Intensity (candela)||250000|
|Light Form||Compact/tight focused hotspot. Ultimate beam distance.|
|Lens / Reflector Type||Smooth reflector (central area and flood area)|
|Mode Operation||Dual Switch|
|Form/Size Factor||Large size (Deodorant Spray / Coke Can)|
|Series||Series M (Tactical, Military)|
|LEVEL 1 (lumens)||1200|
|Run-time LEVEL 1||2h10m (Olight 18650 3600mAh)1h (Olight 3xCR123A 1500mAh)|
|LEVEL 2 (lumens)||600|
|Run-time LEVEL 2||2h50m (Olight 18650 3600mAh) 1h30 (Olight 3xCR123A 1500mAh)|
|LEVEL 3 (lumens)||80|
|Run-time LEVEL 3||12h (Olight 3xCR123A 1500mAh)|
|Run-time LEVEL 4||360h (Olight 3xCR123A 1500mAh)|
|SOS / BEACON||No|
|Weight (g / oz)||255 / 8.99|
|Length (mm / in)||211 / 8.30|
|Head Diameter (mm / in)||63 / 2.48|
|Body Diameter (mm / in)||24 / 0.94|
|Led||Cree XP-L Dedome|
|Use||hunting , tactical and military , security and protection, police, self defense|
- Great torch, good serviceGreat torch, charge lasts a good long time and is very bright. I bought this in 2016 and have used it extensively. A couple of weeks ago I accidently bumped the light and broke the glass lens. Gavin from Olight sent me a new lens and now I have use of the torch again.
- Great light !!Got it for my dad. He loved it. It’s bright so he can see at night and into the backyard for intruders. Fast delivery
- Beam Thrower, Practically a LaserDo you want to light up the wall across the street--or across town? I'm learning to evaluate lights not just by lumens (total output) but by intensity as well. I live in a rural area and I frequently want to see what is in that tree way over there, or under that tree way over there. The deep dish of the reflector on this light really focuses the beam. I find that even a moderate power level is sufficient for many tasks. I prefer this over a more "floody" light that lights a wider angle. Think telephoto as opposed to wide angle if you are into photography.
My light shows the greenish tint that many either don't like or hate. I guess I'd rather it was more neutral, but its not a deal breaker at all for me.
Sometimes I appreciate a larger light like this, just for its size. I can reach for it and find it without searching. I do not think this would make as good a club as does one of the Maglites. Incidentally I find this light's usage overlaps that for one of the newer MagLites, the ML300LX LED 3-Cell D Flashlight at half the price. Neither as bright nor as intense, but same ballpark. I've had enough bad experiences with swelling alkaline cells that I'd only consider the MagLite with NiMH rechargeables. I like the high capacity 8000 or even 10,000 mAHr cells and they're pricey, so add another $30, so you are getting in the same price range. (Especially if you have to buy a charger.) One big plus for this light is its ability to operate at an extremely low output level. Sometimes you just don't want to light up the town, just read a map or find the keyhole.
The cells for this are the 18650 lithium cells that seem to be a standard item and are probably a better product overall than are NiMH cells. I hope so, since everything from cell phones and computers to cordless power tools operate off one or another lithium chemistry. Higher power density, lower weight and insensitivity to low temperatures all seem to tilt in favor of lithiums.
- Five StarsNice LED light. Powerful and very bright. A good buy
- A solid option for duty useExcellent light, I use it nightly for duty in an area with little to no street lights. Using the full size adapter and 2 O-Light rechargeable batteries. I can roughly use it a full week on its medium brightness setting per charge. It's long throw and illumination stack up as good as or better than the Stingers and other usual PD used models.
- This thing is awesomeAlthough I can't guarantee that they reach out to the 1 km distance specified in the literature, I've never seen a torch beam illuminate so far downrange. I had originally been using a HID lamp which was dramatically heavier, took significantly more energy to run, and became so extremely hot during its operation that just briefly touching the heatsink could readily result in a second or 3rd° burn. M3XS-UT Javelot is nothing like that light yet this LED unit was clearly brighter at distance!!
This thing is just flat out awesome!!!