Olight S1 Baton
The S1 features a high performance LED that reaches a maximum beam distance of 110 meters and has a maximum output of 500 lumens.
- TECHNICAL DETAILS
The S1 is the smallest side switch LED torch ever produced by Olight. The S1 features a high performance LED that reaches a maximum beam distance of 110 metres and has a maximum output of 500 lumens. S1 is powered by 1 x CR123A to maintain the compact form factor while still providing optimal performance. It has a low profile side switch that is designed to prevent accidental operation when in a pocket or a bag. The light also features a pocket clip, a lanyard hole, and the signature magnetic tail cap for convenient operation.
High performance LED maximum light output up to 500 lumens. TIR lens to create a balanced beam.
Stainless steel torch head and switch binder ring processed by PVD technology. Recessed silicon switch to prevent accidental operation.
Positive polarity on the battery faces the tail of the torch for enhanced reliability and a more compact size. Thumb sized form factor, diameter: 21mm length: 61mm.
5 Modes: 3 standard modes-8 lumens, 80 lumens and 500 lumens; plus 2 special modes-0.5 lumen moonlight mode and a 10Hz strobe mode.
Flat tail cap design contains a strong magnet providing the ability to place it upside down and use it as a hands-free work light.
Thermal management safety program with overheat protection by dropping high output by 50% within 1 minute of constant on.Turbo mode has a limit of 1.5 minutes.
Features a wide range current circuit and can be powered by 1 x CR123A (built-in protected board, not included) in emergency.
Reverse polarity protection to prevent improper battery installation.
Built-in timer: 3 minutes or 9 minutes.
|Beam Distance (ft)||360|
|Beam Distance (m)||110|
|Max. Performance (lumens)||500|
|Charge type||Optional charger|
|Compatible Batteries||1 x CR123A/RCR123A|
|Light Intensity (candela)||3000|
|Light Form||Wide/broad hotspot. Perfect for up close illumination.|
|Lens / Reflector Type||TIR reflector (big, defined wide hotspot)|
|Mode Operation||Side Switch|
|Form/Size Factor||Small size (Car key / Zippo Lighter)|
|Series||Series S (EDC, General Use)|
|LEVEL 1 (lumens)||500|
|Run-time LEVEL 1||500 lumens (~300lm); 1h30m (Olight CR123A 1600mAh).|
|LEVEL 2 (lumens)||80|
|Run-time LEVEL 2||6h (Olight CR123A 1600mAh).|
|LEVEL 3 (lumens)||8|
|Run-time LEVEL 3||40h (Olight CR123A 1600mAh).|
|SOS / BEACON||No|
|Weight (g / oz)||30 / 1.05|
|Length (mm / in)||61 / 2.4|
|Head Diameter (mm / in)||21 / 0.82|
|Body Diameter (mm / in)||20 / 0.78|
|Led||High performance LED|
|Packaging||Custom plastic enclosure.|
|Use||Everyday carry, keychain, car, camping, fishing, edc|
- For such a tiny little torch, this is absolutely fantastic. It feels really solid in your hand and has a really good beam. I've shown some outdoor pictures with the torch off and the torch on so you can see how much it lights up a bush (which was close by) and a house (which is about 20 metres away).
The torch is also magnetic, as shown by sticking it on my oven. Because its so small and the magnet is really strong, it sticks like glue.
Not sure there is a lot else I can say about it other than hopefully the pictures say far more than I could in this review. Oh yes, it also has a clip on the side.
- This is an incredible torch. The power to size ratio is extremely impressive. The picture shown is completely accurate in that the torch is palm sized.
The build of the torch is very high quality. It is completely metal and has a nice gripped section in the middle. The weight even with batteries in isn't much at all and as such is ideal for putting in a pocket or small bag. And for those intending to use it outdoors the size and weight means it is a no brainer for putting in with the rest of the kit. Another benefit for those using it outdoors is the waterproofing. I ran it under the tap and submerged it in the sink and it still works perfectly. I'm not suggesting you do this all the time but it should survive being used in the rain or dropped in a puddle.
- Nicely made. Dinky and simple UI. Won't accept protected 16340 batteries. I use unprotected and keep an eye on the voltage.
- Great little torch , amazing brightness, magnetic tail cap makes it even more useful. Expensive maybe but could be the only torch you will ever need?
- Great little torch and I mean little. I use this for work so wanted something small to keep in my breast pocket. This thing is tiny! The picture is a true reflection of its size but the light output is fantastic. Bright white light that on full setting is enough to light up a small container or room. Easily enough to see into small nooks and crannies. Three output modes are easy to use when less light needed and saves battery power. The attached pocket clip is great and allows me to clip it to my hard hat and use as a head torch and the base magnet is strong and great for sticking to framework allowing hands free work with the light orientated just how you need it. Not had it long enough yet to comment on battery life but expect it to be decent especially on mid setting. Rechargeable batteries are available and, coupled with the USB charge lead, that simply magnetically clips to the base magnet will minimize leads etc and the need for a charging dock.
- Amazing little torch. i managed to lose mine in a family members garden back in November. I just found it again 4 months later. The torch survived all the snow, frost and rain and being in muddy ground. It is in full working order. It's has a tiny amount of rust on the pocket clip and the lanyard had broken. This just goes to show the superb build quality.
- I bought this torch to carry in my jacket for use when needed without having to carry a normal sized torch. It certainly is unobtrusive in size, but delivers so much in what it can do. The other reviewers have said all that is needed about its abilities. Very versatile. My only qualification is the high 500 lumen mode,extremely bright but will use up the battery in no time if you are not careful. Was fully aware of this when I bought it so am extremely happy with the product. Exactly what I was looking for.
- This 500 lumens flaslight has extraordinary power for something so small. On maximum it will light up a medium sized room easily. Beautifully made and fits well on my key ring. The best mini flashlight I have ever seen.
- I use a flashlight for work and finding one that was so compact and bright was great news. I make deliveries at night and have trouble finding house numbers. This flashlight has a super bright beam that solves the problem. What I really like is the size and weight of the product. I've tried several different ones but they have been too heavy and cumbersome. The wrist strap and magnetic base come in really handy too as does the clip to attach it to your belt/clothing.
- You can't really appreciate how outstanding this torch is until you try it. It is smaller than my thumb and brighter than my old 3 D-cell maglite! The magnetic tail cap is extremely useful though the magnet can be easily removed if necessary. The single button operation is very simple to operate and I love that it remembers your last setting, though you can always switch it on straight to either end of the scale by holding (moonlight) or double tapping (turbo). Once switched on the button just cycles through the settings, and it's stiff enough that accidental operation is unlikely, though it can be guarded with the clip. The torch is superbly made and I can't recommend it enough for a small torch.
- Great little torch only 21x61mm with a very useful side button which is easy to find but not too easy to press accidentally. Ideal for carrying all day in a pocket and ideal for emergencies as the CR123 batteries have a minimum 10 year shelf life. There are 4 modes all accessible via the side button - hold when off for 0.5 lm, hold when on to cycle through 8 lm, 80 lm, 500 lm settings and double click when on to activate the 10Hz strobe. The clip is very robust and quite large compared to the torch - I aligned mine opposite the button which helps me find it (the button) quickly and I use the curl on the clip as a resting place for my finger. The beam cone is around 30 degrees and illumination quite even, providing good practical light for most purposes. There edge of the beam is not highly defined (like a 'blue moon' type beam) but very little light falls outside the 30 degree cone. I have not tested the maximum range but illumination is very good at 50m.
- Great torch, very bright. Smaller than I thought it would be.
- An amazing product, well put together & worth every penny.
- Massive bright light for such a small torch, would be nice if it had a variable beam.
- Superb torch - excellent, artifact free beam with a nice wide angle. Unbelievably bright and one of the best operational interface I've ever used.
- Surpassed all my expectations of it.
- What an impressive tool to have. The most powerful torch i have ever used. 500 lumens is very very bright and the focal length is over 50m. Various brightness settings and a strobe effect as well. It has a decent battery life and as the battery is so small, no problem taking spares with you wherever you go. I will only use this torch from now on, puts Maglights to shame, simply brilliant a must have tiny but mighty tool.
- I love this little torch!! Bought for my son to take camping with him but now he has returned, I use it . It's small enough for my handbag and it's incredibly bright and well made. Prompt service too!!
- A tiny torch I purchased for everyday carry. The battery it uses is the same as the ones my bike lights use, so I am able to keep a cycle of recharging going and always have a live one around. It's diminutive size belies a really powerful light when on full. I usually use it on the middle brightness. The moonlight function is also occasionally useful for finding a keyhole or poking around in the dark when overmuch light would be a problem.